Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Special Gift

I was completely surprised yesterday by a wonderful, heartfelt gift. My step-son gave me a film camera. And not just any film camera, but a Pentax, which was my favorite camera to shoot with back in the day. Blown away. It goes well with my Olympus that I found earlier this year at Goodwill for $15. As far as I can tell it works. I put film in it, I'm taking random photos of household items, I am grinning the whole time. I am totally geeked about this camera. Nerd levels.
As I was pulling out all of my cameras to show my step-son's girlfriend, who is a total nerd for photography like me, I realized I may have a problem. There is a lot of cameras in that photograph. I feel like Scrooge McDuck looking at his gold pile or Shmeagal with his precious. I am already plotting the next one. I would love a Polaroid. Instant photos in that beautiful, crazy quality...
Yep, I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment